If you are in the process of buying or selling a house, it is likely that you will be researching residential conveyancing firms and deciding which conveyancer is right for you. DC Law are undertake conveyancing through out England and Wales completing on thousands of conveyancing cases a year.
Given that we undertake work throughout England and Wales and given that there are a number of ways in which would could be introduced to the firm it is not possible to produce a detailed bespoke estimate on the website. We have therefore published an average fee for properties based on the stamp duty fee bands.
The price table below relates to a freehold sale or purchase without a mortgage. This is an average price that we charge for a property within that price range. For a detailed estimate please contact us.
DC LAW Average Fee (prices are exclusive of VAT):
|£0.00 - £125,000.00||£455|
|£125,001 - £250,000.00||£555|
|£250,001 - £925,000.00||£725|
|£950,001 - £1,500,000.00||£1,048|
Should your transaction involve a mortgage, be leasehold, involve a Help to Buy Equity charge or Help to buy ISA additional fees will apply.
A list of our most common additional charges are as follows:
- Acting for your lender minimum fee £115 + VAT (excluding Help to Buy Mortgages): If you are purchasing a property with a mortgage we will be required to act for you lender as well as you. This work includes complying with your lenders specific instructions and the registration of your lenders mortgage upon completion. If you are selling with a mortgage we will need to obtain a redemption figure from them, repay the mortgage on completion and submit paperwork to the lender in order for the mortgage to be removed from the property upon completion.
- Help to Buy Mortgages £295 + VAT: Where your purchase involves a Help to Buy Mortgage we also act for the Help To Buy Agent. The process for this is more involved than a standard mortgage and requires that we provide a number of undertakings (legal promises) and detailed reports to you.
- Leasehold Fee £125 + VAT: If your sale or purchase is leasehold we will need to obtain replies to a large number of leasehold enquiries from the Landlord and/or Management Company.
- Seamless client service: because it’s all about satisfying your clients, we work hard to ensure a ‘one team’ approach for the ultimate unified appearance.
- Electronic ID Fee £10 + Vat (per person): We are legally obliged to require you to provide evidence of your identity and the identity of any one you are acting on behalf of or who is providing a gift to you.
- Help to Buy ISA Fee £50 + VAT (per ISA): If you are purchasing and using a Help To Buy ISA, we are required by HM Revenue and Customs to obtain a declaration to confirm that you are eligible for the ISA and submit documentation in order to claim the ISA and received the bonus from them.
We work with a number of leading estate agents and introducers throughout England and Wales. The companies support us in marketing our services, providing case tracking and update platforms, collecting initial payments and (in purchase transactions) ordering searches and sales progression. This support is a valuable support for us and in return we pay variable referrals fees to these companies, which is depended on the level of support they provide us with. The average fee paid is between £300 and £450.00. This is a fee paid by ourselves and is not an additional cost to you.
3rd Party costs
In addition to our fees you will be required to pay fees to third parties such as:
- Land Registry: for to register the transfer of the property. The fee payable will depend on the price of the property and their fees can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: Stamp duty Land Tax is payable on increasing portions of a property price above £125,000.00. There are different rules if you are buying your first home or if you a purchasing an additional property. Stamp duty rates can be found at https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates